"They haven't an idea of what happiness is; they don't know that without our love, for us there is neither happiness nor unhappiness-no life at all."


Currently, I am reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I've barely even put a dent in it, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I can't wait to see how all of the characters develop. Especially, Anna and Levin. I feel deeply for Anna. She was basically blindsided with her love for another man that she tried so deeply to push away, but could not. She was doing everything she could to stay with her husband and do what was right, but her love for the other man was much stronger.

In a way, I can relate to her. Not the falling in love with another man part, but the being in love with someone and the harder you try to push it away or deny it, it just keeps popping into your head and coming back stronger and stronger and you don't know how to stop it.

This quote from the book really hit me, and I think it's because I've never been in this kind of a relationship. In a way, it seems really unhealthy to be in that kind of a relationship where you have no life without the other person. I mean, yeah, it really sucks when you love someone and they don't have those feelings for you, but you can't just sit around pining over someone. You can't just fall apart completely because one person doesn't love you when there are plenty of people out there who would love to be with you and love you the way that person couldn't. You have to pick yourself up and move one and continue with your life. Otherwise, you'll fall deeper and deeper into a sadness that's even harder to get out of. I know it's easier for some people than it is for others. It takes some people longer to move on and pick themselves up, but it must be done. You must get yourself together and live your life because you only have one. You can't be sad and lonely and bitter. You have to appreciate what you have and the people in your life, and be thankful they are there for you. Things do get better. You just have to truly believe that they will and make it happen.

Anyways, I think that's enough rambling for now. If you stuck with this random and not very well thought out writing, I thank you. :)

Comments