Do you like what you're seein' when you're lookin' at you?

Well. What to write? I'm really not sure at the moment; I just feel like I need to write something, so here it goes.

I have made the decision to get a tattoo. Something inspirational. Or to me at least. I'm going to draw it out myself and take it to the tattoo artist. I want a dandelion: the flower and the seeds with some of the seeds floating off into the wind with the phrase "A Whole Lot of Hope". Which is appropriate since as a child I would pick the seed stems up, make a wish and blow the seeds away in hopes that the wish would come true. What I didn't realize then is that for your dreams to come true, you have to make it happen. You can't just wish and sit around waiting. Nothing of importance happens when you're sitting around and waiting. You have to get out and do it. And the dandelion itself symbolizes several different things: hope, faithfulness, happiness, returned affection, desire, sympathy, the Oracle of Time, and Love. But for my tattoo, it symbolizes hope for happiness, faithfulness, and love. All of which I believe I need at this time.

On another note, I've been reading Water for Elephants. It's quite interesting learning the inter-workings of a circus. Or at least this one. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I never thought of circus performers being as they are in this book. I always thought of them as happy, fun people. Or really I didn't think much about them at all. But now that I'm reading this book, I'm not so sure I'd want to work in a circus. I'm sure it's probably changed since the time period Water for Elephants is based on, but just.. wow. Maybe I'll have a different opinion by the time I've finished reading it, but I'm not too fond of a lot of the characters right now. Except for the main character, Jacob.

Well, I guess this is all for now. I'm out of things to talk about now. Or too tired to continue.

Comments