Sometimes what you need is the last thing you want


So I just finished reading Something Blue by Emily Giffin, which is the sequel to Something Borrowed. At first I wasn't sure how I would feel about reading from Darcy's point of view because, to be honest, I really couldn't stand Darcy. She was selfish, demanding, whiny, and an all around bitch. She started drama for the sake of starting drama; she loved starting arguments when she was feeling bored. She just wasn't a character that I really wanted to get to know more than from another character's point of view.

After reading Something Blue, my view of her has changed drastically, and I really enjoyed the book immensely. It took you on her incredible journey of changing from a spoiled single 29 year old to a mature adult and responsible mother, someone that I could actually become friends with in real life. And I'm so glad that I gave the book a chance. My initial reason for reading it, is because I wanted to know what happened with Rachel and Dex, but as I read the book, for the first several chapters, I was annoyed and really wanted to just give up on it because I couldn't stand the person Darcy was. But as I continued to read, she really changed and became a good person. A lot of her will to change came from her want of Ethan to like her as a person, not just tolerate her. And in the end he did. He learned to love her for her, and he really brought out the good in her. I really don't seen them making a movie out of this book from the looks of the trailer for Something Borrowed, but you never know. I would actually really enjoy watching the movie if they decided to do it. It really hits home for me in several ways. First, with the unexpected pregnancy. Second, with the father not being in the picture. Third, having to deal with it alone and not knowing if I would find someone to be a father to my son and just looking for someone who could fill his shoes, whether I was in love or not. But I'm slowly being okay with being alone and independent for the time being, for as long as I need to be and as long as it takes to find the right man. I don't want to rush into something that I know isn't right, just for the sake of having someone there. I would be miserable and I don't want that. I don't want my son to have to deal with divorce after divorce while I try to fill the void. He deserves more than that. And I was so thrilled that Darcy found love in one of her very best friends that she had never truly considered until he was right there, being exactly what she needed. And now, if only I could find that for myself. I suppose it just takes time.

Anyways, now that I have discussed my latest reading, I think it's time that I make an update of the Hunger Games casting! :) There have been several more Tributes cast and I simply cannot express my excitement for this movie. So here it goes:

District 3:
Ian Nelson and Kalia Prescott
  District 4:
Ethan Jamieson and Tara Macken
 District 5:
Chris Mark and Jacqueline Emerson as Foxface
District 6:
Ashton Moio and Kara Peterson
District 7:
Leigha Hancock
Sam Ly
 These people have also been cast:
Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket
Paula Malcomson as Katniss's and Primrose's mother
 Alright, I don't think I left anyone out since the last time I posted casting news. But they're giving us news every day now as to who the tributes are. I'm sure as soon as that's over we'll start receiving news of Haymitch and Cinna (which I cannot wait for!!) and I strongly believe they're leaving District 2 Tributes Cato and Clove for the last of the Tributes to give us something to look forward to. But that is all of the casting news for the time being! And now, I'm going to start reading a new book. :)

::Edit::
Just read an article about the movie Something Borrowed and in fact, they are making a movie of Something Blue as well!! I'm so excited about this news!! And seeing that the article came from Emily Giffin's own website, I figured it was a pretty reliable source!

Comments