“I shall be Baron Hotschaft Von Hugenstein.”

Wow! It's been a while since I've last blogged on here. Well, let's see.. I've been reading a lot. I've read 16 of my 40 book goal for the year so I think I'm doing pretty well. I've caught up on The Mortal Instrument series, and the casting for the movie (yes, they are making a movie of this series as well! Can't wait!). Also I have started the Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready and I really love it. The next book, Shine, won't be out until (summer of?) 2012.

If you would like the entire list of the cast of The Hunger Games, you can go to: Cast of Characters This is where I get all of my information!

For City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments), Lily Collins has been cast as Clary Fray and Jamie Campbell Bower has been cast as Jace Wayland. Still no word on who will play Simon. I am (im)patiently waiting.

If you've never heard of The Mortal Instruments series, here is the synopsis of the first book, City of Bones, from The Mortal Instruments website:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.
Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon.
But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....
 I strongly suggest if you haven't read it, to check it out. It's action-packed and keeps you on your toes. Not to mention there's a budding romance (isn't there always?), and there's a ton of snarky, witty, sarcasm such as: "If you were half as funny as you think you are, you'd be twice as funny as you are now." That's the only one I can think of that wouldn't give away to Spoilers. I'm super excited to see this on the big screen in 2013. Yes, we have to wait that long, unfortunately, but it will definitely be worth the wait. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

If you're curious about the Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready, here's a little inside into that:

Love ties them together.
Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan’s violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura’s new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart…and clues to the secret of the Shift.
Oh! And I have finished The Vampire Diaries series. I gotta say, I absolutely loved it. Completely, and I mean, completely different from the television show, but I absolutely love them both equally. There are certain aspects of both that I adore. I think it's interesting that book-Elena is a tall blonde with blue eyes while tv-Elena has dark hair and dark eyes. And book-Caroline has auburn hair while tv-Caroline is blonde. And in the books there is a whole other character named Meredith who we don't see in the tv show, and instead of Elena having a brother named Jeremy (as she does in the tv show), she has a 4 year old sister named Margaret. I could go on and on about all the differences but I'm not stated them in a why-did-they-have-to-change-all-this!-i'm-so-mad! kind of way, but rather just stating facts. I love how the tv show has developed and how the characters have developed over the episodes, so I'm not disappointed at all in that aspect. But if you haven't read The Vampire Diaries and you love/have seen the tv show, I think you should go back and read the books. It gives you a whole different perspective on the characters and town (which is Fell's Church in the books!).

Well I think I've covered everything for the moment. Now I just have to decide what I want to start reading next. Decisions, decisions...

Comments