Once again I'm behind on pretty much everything!

Sorry guys. I get lazy sometimes. Or should I say distracted? Yes, that's it: distracted. Maybe I just have too many blogs! And books to read. I'm still reading The Great Gatsby. It's like I'm reading a new book even though I read it my freshman year of high school. I can't remember any of it! F. Scott Fitzgerald's writing is just amazing. Some examples you ask?

"It is invariably saddening to look through new eyes at things upon which you have expended your own powers of adjustment."
"Anyhow, he gives large parties... And I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy."
"He smiled understandingly - much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced - or seemed to face - the whole external world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just so far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey."
Perfect. Every bit of it. Just perfect.  And so I will leave you with this for now, but I will be posting my next Gilmore Girls Challenge entry, and also I've started the Literati Challenge. For those of you who don't know, "Literati" is what we Rory/Jess shippers call the wonderful, perfect couple.

Comments