Literati Challenge - Day six

Day 6 - Favorite funny scene 

 Season 3: "Let the Games Begin"
JESS: Hi.
RORY: Hey.
JESS: Hi.
LORELAI: Hi.
JESS: Hi.
LUKE: Hi.
RORY: I have to get to school.
JESS: Yeah, me too.
RORY: Bye
JESS: Bye. Bye.
LORELAI: Bye.
RORY: Bye.
LORELAI: Bye.
RORY: Bye.
LUKE: Bye.

LUKE: What the hell was that?
LORELAI: That was episode one of Rory and Jess: The Early Years.
LUKE: What?
LORELAI: Rory and Jess are together.
LUKE: Wow. Well, this is great. You know what I mean, Rory and Jess, Jess and Rory. I think this is great. Don’t you think this is great?
LORELAI: I think Rory’s seventeen and it’s probably about time for a Jess.
LUKE: Look, I know Jess is a little tough sometimes, but he likes Rory and Rory’s a good kid, hopefully she’ll rub off on him.
JESS: Hi.
RORY: Hi.
LUKE: Please, I’ll finish it – hi, hi, hi, hi, hi. I’m getting the coffee.
JESS: I gotta run out for a second and get a part for my car.
LUKE: Get a receipt this time.
JESS: I’ll be back.
RORY: I’m gonna go study.
LORELAI: You know, they’re together now.
LUKE: What?
LORELAI: Oh yeah. ‘I have to get a part for my car’, ‘I’m going to go study’ – that’s kid code for ‘Meet me at the previously agreed upon location far away from my clueless uncle.’
LUKE: You’re kidding me, right? You don’t really think that. . .damn, they are! They’re together. They used the kid code and now they’re together!
LORELAI: It’s okay, Luke.
LUKE: It’s okay, Luke? They are out there right now doing God knows what, completely unsupervised. How did you let this happen?
LORELAI: Me?
LUKE: Yes, you. I thought you were against this.
LORELAI: I thought you were all, ‘This is so great and Rory’s gonna change Jess.’
LUKE: What is she, a miracle worker? Come on, Lorelai, wake up – the guy’s trouble. I have to find ‘em. Caesar, I’ll be back in a little while.

Comments