Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight soon-to-be-released books that you are so [im]patiently waiting for. It also gives other bloggers a chance to find and share books for To Be Read lists.
This week, I have two books that I'm waiting for. They both come out on the same day next week.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Author: Rae Carson
Publisher: Greenwillow Books, hardcover, 432 pages
ISBN: 0062026488
ISBN-13: 9780062026484
Expected publication: September 20, 2011
Pre-order: Amazon


(Goodreads synopsis): Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.

Elisa is the chosen one.

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he’s not the only one who needs her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do.


Why I need this: It just sounds awesome! A secret marriage, savage enemies, magic. Yep, sounds like my kind of book! And can we just take a moment to comment on this amazing cover??? I loooooove it! It's gorgeous!

Cold Kiss
Author: Amy Garvey
Publisher: HarperTeen, hardcover, 336 pages
ISBN: 006199622X  
ISBN-13: 9780061996221
Expected Publication: September 20, 2011
Pre-order: Amazon

(Goodreads synopsis): “It seemed so right. Danny was mine, I was his, and that wasn’t going to work if he was dead. So I would make him not dead, not anymore. I didn’t think any further than what it would feel like to kiss him again, to wrap my arms around him and bury my head against his shoulder. That was my first mistake. It also turned out to be the biggest.”

When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.

Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.

Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.
  

Why I need this: A girl is grieving the loss of her boyfriend so much she decides to bring him back to life (though he's not quite alive as he once was), then falls for someone else, and has to figure out how to make things right again. Secrets, lies, love, powerful magic. This book just seems like it would be one that I wouldn't be able to put down. 

Now that you've read my WoW, what are you looking forward to?? 

Comments

  1. Great picks! I am reading Girl of Fire and Thorns now, and am really enjoying it! Cold Kiss is next on my list. lol! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I just saw on your profile that you are in TN.... I am too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited about these books! I can't wait to get my hands on them! And it's pretty awesome I've found a fellow blogger from TN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, they both do sound really great! I'm so excited for Cold Kiss, and I love the cover for The Girl of Fire and Thorns. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly