Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush, #2
Synopsis (goodreads): Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

Review

The sequal was just as amazing as the first. Emotions were running high, really high. Every emotion that Nora felt, I also felt.. Every ounce of pain, nervousness, jealousy, bitterness, resentment, excitement, fear; I felt it all, as if I were there. As if I were her.


The book started out well, with a lot of happy excitement and almost instantly turned into nervous excitement. When Patch started hanging around Marcie Millar, I started resenting him in an instant. Maybe it has to do with my past and what I've been through, or maybe it has to do with Becca's ability to put the reader into her character's shoes and make them feel what they feels. Either way, I felt those emotions with an intensity that almost made me have to put the book down and stop reading. My heart was racing. I had that nervous feeling in my gut, like when I have a bad feeling about something, but I don't really want conformation. It was all so intense for me. However, I pushed through it, and there were so many twists at the end it was a little hard to keep up with. Nora is a strong protagonist. She doesn't always go with her gut feeling, or show the greatest common sense, but she does know how to stand up for what she believes in. Although she has a tendency to do things on impulse, and usually those things turn out badly. I do sympathize with her though. I hated Patch for most of the book, but I was hoping that in the end he would pull through and change my mind. And he did.


The ending took me by surprise. I was not expecting it at all. And of course, she would leave it on a cliffhanger so now I'm hoping and praying our local Walmart has Silence, and that I have just enough extra money to buy it if they do..


I rate this book:


Comments