Waiting on Wednesday (6): Destined by Jessie Harrell

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight soon-to-be-released books that you are so [im]patiently waiting for. It also gives other bloggers a chance to find and share books for To Be Read lists.
 Destined
Author: Jessie Harrell
Publisher: Mae Day Publishing, paperback
ISBN: 0615500951
ISBN-13: 9780615500959
Expected publication: November 17, 2011

Synopsis (goodreads): When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.

Destined is a fresh and heartachingly romantic retelling of the Cupid & Psyche myth from debut novelist, Jessie Harrell.


Why I need this: It just sounds so interesting!! I've never heard the story of Cupid and Psyche, but this sounds like it would be an amazing book. And the cover is just lovely.


What are you waiting on this Wednesday??

Comments

  1. I have this one and I can't wait to get to it..the cover is just gorgeous and I love stories about mythology! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about Destined as well. I love the cover and the premise does sound really cool!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this cover!
    I follow you here, and love the blog! I hope you'll stop by mine and see my WOW pick?! You can also enter my author group's latest giveaway for some signed books, and let me know a book you've tread and loved recently! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly