Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush, #3
Synopsis (goodreads): The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

Synopsis (book cover): WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks-with no one knowing where she was or who she was with-she tries to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge her mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers . . . and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again. 

Review

Upon finishing Silence, I must say I'm having a hard time getting my emotions in order. First, I was not expecting this book to start off where it did. In the beginning of this book, Nora has absolutely no idea what has happened to her in the past few months. She has no recollection of Patch, or Rixon, or Scott, or even where she was during the eleven weeks that she went missing. She's dazed and confused when she wakes up, in a cemetery, none-the-less. And when a police officer finds her, she doesn't remember having ever met him either.

Somehow, her subconscious leads her straight back into the world of the fallen angels, Nephelim and their impending war, not to mention having an intense connection to a mysterious and intriguing guy, who says he knows her from during the months lost to her amnesia. And she can't remember what he meant to her in her past, so her instant infatuation with him is a little unnerving.

Nora Grey is a very strong character. No way could I have thrown myself into this world blindly searching for answers. Or I don't know. Maybe I could if I was faced with that kind of situation. What I do know is that I never in a million years expected this book to turn out the way it did in the end. I kind of expected one thing to happen, but not in the way that it actually happens in the book. And Patch, lovely Patch. Always the hero, silently watching her and taking care of her even when she has no idea who he is. I could not get enough of him or this book. I'm really looking forward to seeing where Becca takes the story from here. I'm completely at a loss as to how the next book is going to go, and I'm really hoping that somehow Patch and Nora will find a way to be together and have their happily ever after. I guess I'll just have to wait until next fall to find out!!


I rate this book:

Comments