Waiting on Wednesday (9): Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight soon-to-be-released books that you are so [im]patiently waiting for. It also gives other bloggers a chance to find and share books for To Be Read lists.

Darkness Before Dawn
Author: J.A. London
Publisher: HarperTeen, paperback, 272 pages
ISBN: 9780062020
Expected publication: May 29, 2012
Pre-order: Amazon
Add on Goodreads!

Synopsis (goodreads): This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....
Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.

Why I need this: I'm a huge fan of paranormal and dystopian novels and this book is both!! It just sounds so intriguing and a little scary to think of a world where vampires rule the world. Where they're the predators and we're the prey, living in constant fear that at any moment we could be next. And of course there's a guy to change the girls view of the world and make her fall in love (I'm assuming!). And just look at that cover. It's gorgeous. It was the cover that initially drew me in to read the synopsis, and now I simply must have it.


What are you waiting on this Wednesday??

Comments

  1. YAY! I'm so looking forward to this one! It sounds fantastic! Awesome pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they give these away at ALA!!!!!

    here are my WOW picks. stop by?!?!
    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks amazing to me :) The story is so good :) And I love the cover and the title! :)

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly