I've been looking for a few Reading Challenges to join for 2012 since it's so close to the end of the year, AND I've never done a reading challenge before! So after joining the Harry Potter Reading Challenge, I have also decided to join the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge and I invite you to join me!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For
each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one
book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For
participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
Evie from Bookish - http://www.evie-bookish.
Nicole from All I Ever Read - http://www.nicoleabouttown.
Bonnie from Hands and Home - http://www.handsandhome.ca/
Donna from Book Passion For Life - http://bookpassionforlife.
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading - http://whatchyareading.net
Rie from Mission To Read - http://missiontoread.com/
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -http://booksbiscuitsandtea.
Christa from Hooked On Books - http://christashookedonbooks.
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction - http://fansoffiction.blogspot.
Angel from Mermaids Vision - http://mermaidvision.
I'll be posting my list of books in my TBR pile at a later date when I decide which books I want to read during this challenge. While I would love to reach the level of Married With Children, I doubt I will make it past A Friendly Hug.. If you would like to join this reading challenge, click here.
I've been working on my list of books, and this is what I've got so far:
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
4. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
5. Legend by Marie Lu
6. The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
7. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
8. By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters
9. Middlemarch by George Eliot
10. Possession by A.S. Byatt
11. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
12. Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson
13. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
14. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
15. After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel
16. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
17. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
18. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
19. Matched by Ally Condie
20. Fateful by Claudia Gray