Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

When he smiles, she notices that he has a dimple on only one side, and there's something about this that makes him endearingly off- balance. "Where to then?" (page 25)











Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of their bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on their post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with them and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
Top Ten Five Books That Would Make Great Book Club Picks
  1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - I'm going be a bit presumptuous with this, because I haven't actually finished this book, but it already has a book club feel to it. Then again, the book clubs that I would join would probably be one that was full of women who are hopeless romantics who read a ton of YA novels.
  2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - It's been a while since I read this book, but I absolutely loved it, and it's definitely a book for everyone. 
  3. Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin - Yes, this is two books, but they go together and you can't have one without the other. This is also one (or perhaps I should say two) of those books for hopelessly romantic women. About true love and friendship.
  4. With Violets by Elizabeth Robards - With Violets is a historical fiction romance about a love affair between two artists in the Impressionist era.
  5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I have to put the Hunger Games on this list. It is an excellent book for a book club with many topics to discuss. It's one of my favorite books of all-time and I think it will be one of those books that are talked about and studied for generations.
I don't read many books other than YA so I cut my list to 5 instead! Doing the Top Ten always makes me feel as though I haven't read enough books!


What are your Top Ten this week??

Comments

  1. Great list. I have had Water for Elephants for awhile and still haven't picked it up. Thanks for your club selections.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My Top Ten...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list (and love the teaser -- such a great book).

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games is on my list as well. It's one of those books where you never run out of things to say about it! Wonderful choices this week!

    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly