1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
1. What is your favorite time period (Romantic, Victorian, Contemporary, ect.) to read and why? I'm really not sure that I have a favorite time period to read about. I love reading dystopians and they are usually set in the future so I guess I'll say if anything, the future.
2. If could have a dinner party of authors, alive or dead, who would you invite? Cassandra Clare, Suzanne Collins, Julie Kagawa, Richelle Mead, J.K. Rowling, Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Andrea Cremer, Katie Maxwell, Veronica Roth, Jeri Smith-Ready... just to name a few. haha
3. Love Triangles or Love/Hate? Which characters are your favorite example of your choice? Oh, my goodness, I didn't realize these questions were going to be so difficult! Aaahhhh! Um,.... Love triangles I suppose? I mean, sometimes they are absolutely infuriating. Annoyingly so. But other times, I absolutely love them! An example of one that I love is: Clockwork Prince - Will, Tessa and Jem. A time that I hated them: Twilight - Jacob, Bella and Edward. I wanted so badly for Bella to choose Jacob. He was obviously the right choice. ;)
4. What is your comfort book? My comfort book?? That would probably be Harry Potter. haha I don't know why, but it's always such a comfort for me to read Harry Potter.
5. If you could date a character who would it be? I have to pick JUST ONE??? How is that even possible! I think the characters that my heart skipped a beat the most for have been: Noah Shaw, Tucker Avery, and Jem Carstairs. Yep. Those are the ones. Any one of them, but if I had to pick JUST ONE of those three guys, I think I would end up going with Tucker.
6. Book series’ or stand-alone books? I'm going to go with book series' for this one. Although, I like them to end at an appropriate time. I don't like them to be too short or too long. When they're short, it feels like not enough, but once you get to like the 20th book or so, it just seems to drag on and on.
7. It’s the library book sale and the line is wrapped around the building. Which genre of books do you go to first? The young adult section. Absolutely.
8. How do you organize your bookshelf? Title, genre, color, ect? There really isn't any kind of organization to my bookshelf except that I try to keep my book series books together and in the correct order. And usually the higher up the books are, the more I like them. Then again, I have a very small bookshelf so there really isn't any room for experimentation on organizing them. Most of my books are in the floor or under my bed now because I've run out of room on the shelves. Lol
9. In the event of an ice storm and all the electricity goes out and you only had enough candles to read from one book which would it be? I think I would go with With Violets by Elizabeth Robards. It just seems like the kind of book you should read by candlelight.
10. Which book would you like to see made into a movie? I'd really like to see the Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith as a movie. It would be the perfect romantic comedy.
11. Vampires or aliens? I really haven't read any alien books so I think I'm going to have to go with vampires!
Well, I didn't see the bottom questions until after I read on down so I'll just answer both sets of questions. haha
1. What was your favourite book as a child and why? Oh gosh, I don't even know. I really didn't read much as a child. I remember reading The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine in middle school and I really loved it.
2. Why did you first start your blog? Well, I first started it just to ramble about anything and everything, but then I found a few book blogs and decided my time would probably be better spent reviewing books and reading them and such and I just started joining the community of book bloggers. And I'm really glad I did. I enjoy it so much.
3. What genre of books best describes you? Oh man, how am I going to answer this??? Probably the romantic comedies, I would say. The books for the hopeless romantics because I am indeed a hopeless romantic.
4. Who is your favourite author? My favorite author right now is probably Cassandra Clare. I love her so much. Her writing is amazing and I just love reading her stories. She brings out so many emotions in you.
5. If you could meet any author dead or alive who would it be? I think my answer to the previous question will also be my answer to this one: Cassandra Clare.
6. If you could be a character in a book who would you be and from which book? Oh man! I have no idea. There are so many amazing characters out there. I think I would have to choose Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. She's a complete bookworm and really badass at the same time.
7. Do you stick to one genre or are you all over the map with your reading choices? I think I tend to stick to more of the same genre than reading a ton of random books. I tend to read young adult books the most, and it varies
8. Do your family/friends follow your blog? Not this one. I have a couple of friends who follow my tumblr blogs, but they don't follow this. That I know of.. *dun dun duuunnn*
9. If you had one piece of advice to tell a newbie blogger what would it be? If you don't interact with other bloggers, they'll be less likely to interact with you. You have to take the initiative.
10. What is the most rewarding thing about blogging? I think most of why I blog is to get my own thoughts out of my head lol. Sometimes you just have to write things down, and it's even better when someone comments on your ramblings or reviews and such.
People I'm Tagging
Giselle @ Xpresso Reads; Haley @ Ya-Aholic; Evie @ Bookish; Laura @ Colorimetry; Amber @ Down the Rabbit Hole; Miri @ I solemly swear that I'm up to a book; Sarah @ I'm Loving Books; Karla @ Karla Reads; Lindsay @ Lindsay Writes; Mariska @ mariska's books & reviews
Questions (copy and paste when you respond to them):
1. What is your favorite classic novel??
2. What is your favorite book and what song best describes it?
3. Are you planning to watch The Hunger Games movie and if not, why?
4. Did you ever read Archie comics as a kid? If so, who was your favorite character? If not, what was your favorite comic?
5. Do you read the last page before starting a book, or do you wait until the end to read it?
6. Is there a book that reminds you of a person, or time and place in your life?
7. Is there a person that you always take book advice from? Or whose reviews you always read?
8. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry while reading it? (cookbooks excluded):
9. What book have you read that everyone hated but you liked? And what book do you hate but everyone else seems to love? Why do you like/hate it?
10. And the ultimate question: Zombies or Unicorns?