This time around there is a GUESS WHAT section of the questioning. Since I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is I won't participate by giving it away, but I will post it on here for you all to have a chance to guess if you're going along with this awesome Read-A-Thon:
Part II “The Games” was one heck of a thrilling ride. Overwhelming emotions and mind blowing twists kept us at the edge of our seats. Every tribute showed what they’re made of and because we’re tackling Part II “The Games” for this week, I decided to shake things up a bit. It’s time for us to show what we’re made of as well so instead of just answering questions I gave it a little twist.
I’ll be giving you a GUESS WHAT challenge in which you have to fill and answer before this week ends. This GUESS WHAT somewhat pertains to the game-changing decision that changed the course of the games as well as the whole of Panem whether they realized it the day it was announced or not.
This might be really complicated if you don’t know where to look but this challenge would be full of clues to help you.. Upon reaching the goal of unveiling the GUESS WHAT, you will earn yourself bragging rights and have then proved yourself to everyone how much of a THGeek you are! Coolest incentive, right?
You ready? Pack your wits and keep your book close with you! Let the 2nd leg of the month-long THGReadAThon begin!
1st stop: Who said?
(A) Who said #1: “Sadly, rules are rules, and Katniss Everdeen’s time has been spent. Well, best of luck to you, Peeta Mellark, and I think I speak for all of Panem when I say all our hearts go with yours.”
Answer: Caesar Flickerman.
(B) Who said #2: “He made you look desirable! And let’s face it, you can use all the help you can get in that department. You were about as romantic as dirt until he said he wanted you. Now they all do. You’re all they’re talking about. The star-crossed lovers from District Twelve!”
Answer: Haymitch Abernathy
(C) Who said #3: “Only…I want to die as myself. Does that make any sense?... I don’t want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I’m not.”
Answer: Peeta Mellark
(D) Who said #4: “Run, find water. The rest will follow… And remember this. I’m not allowed to bet, but if I could my money would be on you.”
(E) Who said #5: “You want me for an ally?”
Katniss wanted the bow and arrow but Haymitch’s advise specifically told her to get away from the others and look for a source of water. She was distracted though and only managed to get an orange backpack and a plastic. But Katniss did get an unexpected weapon. A knife!
Question: In what district did the tribute with the knife came from?
CLUE: It came from a specially well-aimed tribute and their district job somehow rhymes with Amazon!
CLUE! CLUE!: Your answer should be a number! ;)
3rd stop: (H) Tracker Jackers
Killer wasps have highly lethal stings. Death could pretty much be the result if one was bitten. If not, hallucinations and madness could be ones fate.
Question: What particular weapon did Katniss get from her very risky tracker jacker induced mayhem?
CLUE: A very pretty tribute died because of this.
CLUE! CLUE!: You’ll get an 11 letter answer (including the AND). Only get the first two letters!
Answer: Bow and arrow
4th stop: Karaoke: THE HUNGER GAMES edition
1. Your answer in (A) has a job of interviewing the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8 letters). This 8-letter word completes #2’s GUESS WHAT (GW)?
2. Your answer in (B) is a mentor and has a love for slurring. His job is to let one of his tribute survive and _ _ _(3 letters). This 3-letter word completes #5’s GW and rhymes with sin.
3. Your answer in (C) came from the _ _ _ _(4 letters) district as the girl distribute who scored 11 in the private sessions with the Gamemakers. This 4 letter word completes #3’s GW and rhymes with lame.
4. Your answer in (D) is a genius and definitely one of the reason why Katniss became the unforgettable girl on fire. The first letter of his name completes #7’s GW.
5. Your answer in (E) saved Katniss once and her 3-letter name completes #2’s GW.
6. Your answer in (F) completes #1’s GW.
7. Your answer in (G) completes #6’s GW. Only the first 2 letter counts!
Answer: Uh.. I don't see a (G)!!! Oh well..
Answer: Uh.. I don't see a (G)!!! Oh well..
8. For the #4’s GW, complete the ff:
-(H): 1st letter: D
-(I): 2nd and 3rd letter: I, S
-(J): 1st letter:
-(K): 2nd letter: I
-(L): 1st letter: C
-(M): 6th letter (last letter): T
9. For the #6’s GW, complete the ff:
-(R): 1st letter: M
-(S): 3rd letter: E
-(T): 1st or 3rd letter: A
-(U): 3rd letter: R
10. For the #9’s GW, complete the ff:-(N): 1st letter: L
-(O): 3rd or 5th letter: I
-(P): 4th letter: V
-(Q): 3rd letter: E
5th stop: 4 Mosts
1. Most memorable scene: The fire.
2. Most kick-ass scene: Where Katniss blows up the supplies. Absolutely.
3. Most emotional scene: Rue. That is all.
4. Most shocking scene: I think I would have to say Rue on this one as well. Or when we found out that Peeta was with the Careers.