Follow Friday (5.11.2012)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends.

This weeks question is:


Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother’s Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?



I don't really read very many books that have all that mushy gushy stuff in them. I'm usually reading about some kind of dystopian world or one with vampires and werewolves and such. Most of the books I read about have dysfunctional characters and families in them so it's pretty hard for me to answer this question... However, there is one that stands out in my mind, and that is Clary Fray and her mother Jocelyn from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Jocelyn spent Clary's whole life trying to hide the Shadowhunter world from her to keep her safe, and when Jocelyn was taken and Clary found out about all the things her mother hid from her, she stopped at nothing to find her and bring her mother back to her. She did everything in her power to save her. Even though some events put a little rift in their relationship, their love for each other never wavered and all was forgiven. And now they're working side by side to rid the world of demons. I'm trying to think of another book/series that has a strong mother/child bond in them, but I'm blanking.. lol





What are your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships in them??

Comments

  1. Great answer! Completely agree :) New follower here.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly :) Good answer :)

    Happy Friday!

    New GFC Follower :)

    Please stop by my blog sometime
    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-friday-05102012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way, so I had a hard time choosing. I havent read TMI yet, but I hear its good, and this has been answered a few times. I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I had the same problem, I'm not into "Mother-Daughter" books all that much. Still, fab answer. And new follower here, hope you can stop by my blog sometime.

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-8.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost chose Clary and her mom too. Great answer! Check out my FF @ http://best-of-ya.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-friday-20.html. I'm a new follower, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice. My friday
    http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-17-and-tgif-2.html

    new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of people have chosen Clary & her mom! Reading everyone's responses about their relationship has made me realize just how awesome it is.

    Anyway, new follower! Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read that book. It does seem that in YA adventurous/dystopian stories good mothers are far and few between.

    My follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your answer; however, I don't think a "STRONG" relationship necessarily means it's a gushy, mushy relationship. Take Postcards From the Edge by Carrie Fisher just as one example.

    New follower:
    http://michelecozzens.blogspot.com

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to read these!

    new follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly