Waiting on Wednesday (29): The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight soon-to-be-released books that you are so [im]patiently waiting for. It also gives other bloggers a chance to find and share books for To Be Read lists.

This week I am waiting on the latest book by J.K. Rowling! After Harry Potter ended, I was curious to see if and what she would write next. I can't wait to see what she's cooked up for us. This book sounds amazing.

The Casual Vacancy

Author: J.K. Rowling
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company; Hardcover, First Edition, 480 pages
Expected Publication: September 27, 2012
Add it to Goodreads!

Summary: When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday??

Comments

  1. One of my top 3 most awaited books of the year!
    Thanks for sharing!
    My post - WoW
    Following you now on GFC, follow me back? :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow! Sounds like an awesome book. But I guess many people dies in it... when everyone is fighting each other. Can't wait to get my hands on it and read about Barry, he has to some really interesting person! ^^

    Thank you for shearing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly