Review: 2BR02B by Kurt Vonnegut

This is my first review from my Monthly Reading Challenge. January's challenge was to read a short story. The story I chose was 2BR02B by Kurt Vonnegut.



2BR02B
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
Summary: 2BR02B is a satiric short story that imagines life & death in a future world where aging has been “cured” & population control is mandated and administered by the government.




















Review


When it says short story, it is indeed very short. I actually wished there was much more to the story because the world that Kurt Vonnegut created within the pages is one of those dystopian worlds that I love to read about.

Aging has been cured in 2BR02B, therefore the population must be kept under control. People have jobs that most people would find disturbing (at least I would), but they go on about their daily business like it's nothing but shuffling papers. The story opens with a man who is sitting in a hospital, waiting for his babies to be born. We are introduced to several characters within this story, including a doctor and a painter; none are lacking in personality. 

I loved the way this story panned out, even though it was rather sad, but it goes to show you just what people will do when pushed to the edge and how far they will go for someone they love. If you love dystopians and you want a nice quick read, you should give 2BR02B a try. You won't be disappointed.


I rate this book:


Comments