30 Day Reading Challenge: DAYS 3 & 4

So I've been a little incognito the past couple of days. I had a super busy weekend and didn't have the time to sit down and write out two posts for the challenge, therefore I'll make today's post a double. 


DAY 3: The longest books you've read

Well, the longest book I've read entirely through would probably be The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I'm currently reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy and it's even longer (hence the long reading period). I've finally managed to read over halfway through it though so hopefully I'll have it finished soon!



DAY 4: Book turned into a movie and completely desecrated


I think for this one I'm going to have to go with Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. The book is completely amazing and it's fairly good sized so you really get a chance to know the characters and the reason they are how they are. You learn their back story quite thoroughly so you know how close Rachel and Darcy are and you really get a feel for Rachel and her sense of constantly being in Darcy's shadow. I really feel like the movie did not do the book justice at all. The screenwriter took an amazing book and changed several storylines for the characters and turned it into, in my opinion, a very poorly done comedy. Several of the characters in the movie didn't even remotely resemble the person they were in the book. Their personalities were shifted so much that I couldn't even take them seriously. I mean, if I had never read the book, I might would have a different opinion on it (I mean, my mom absolutely loves it and she hasn't read the book), but in my opinion the movie would have been so much better if they had stuck more closely to the book and most certainly would have done better in the box office. And I'm fairly certain that we would be getting a movie sequel as well. Unfortunately that isn't the case.


The best part about the whole movie was when they were reminiscing about their childhood and the dance they made up as kids and decided to do the dance for old times sake:


Anyways, that's enough ranting about that. Hope you enjoyed today's post!


post signature

Comments