Are you sick of the summer heat? Want to do something fun that will keep you cool in the process?
Just grab your favorite read (or a new one), a refreshing tasty drink and relax in the comfort of your air conditioner. Or by the pool.. Whichever works for you. Whatever you do, just READ.
The Beat the Heat Readathon begins on July 29th and runs through August 11th.
So what are the rules?
1. Read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
2. There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
3. Sign up at Auntie Spinelli Reads or Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for the grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 5th.
4. To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing - and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! Feel free to copy and paste this handy little list for your post.
5. In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so they can see that you participated.
What will I be reading?
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: Because I'm already reading it through August 12th as part of the CITY OF BONES ReadAlong (might as well make it part of this readathon!)
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Because I'm also doing a Lux Readathon during this time (August 1-3)
Running From Romeo by Diane Mannino: Because I'm part of the blog tour for this book :)
I think that'll be a good amount of books for me. I don't want to pressure myself to read too many books because that will take the fun out of it!
If you want to join you can sign up here. And don't forget the button!