Review: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Deity

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Covenant, #3
Blurb: "History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

This series just keeps getting better! But oh my gods, is it intense. My heart cannot handle what just happened. This whole book was tugging and tugging on my heartstrings. So many things happened and I can't even discuss it! Holy crap.

Alex has returned from Council and is now back at the Covenant, but what happened while she was gone is still severed in her mind. And what's worse, Seth seems to be hiding something. Not to mention, he's become oddly close to her stepfather who has never had Alex's best interest at heart but has Seth convinced that he does. Things are far more dangerous than before and Alex doesn't know who to trust. No one is who they seem to be, and certain events shed some light on a secret group determined to destroy her.

I don't want to ruin anything in this book because, believe me, A LOT of stuff happens and I don't want to give any of it away. Instead of telling you about it, I'll just leave a few gifs here to show you my emotions throughout this entire book.










SUCH an emotional roller coaster this one. I still can't get over what happened. I can't imagine what Jennifer has in store for us in Apollyon but I'm pretty sure it's going to be epic. 


I rate this book:


The Covenant Series



Novellas

Sentinel is expected to be released November 2, 2013


Spoiler Time

If you haven't read this book, please do not read below!!

A few random thoughts (because that's all my brain can process right now):

I'm liking Aiden and Alex a lot more now. Their relationship has grown a lot throughout Deity and I'm definitely seeing the potential between the two. However, I'm still on board the Team Seth train, even if he has turned into a psycho at this point. I think Lucian has done a lot of manipulation on his mind and that has a lot to do with what's going on with his attitude. But I think some of it is coming from the power he feels when he touches Alex and the akasha go through him. I'm hoping that he'll go back to being his old self without Alex having to kill him, although I'm not sure if she'll be able to after what happened at the end. Also, the stabbing: HOLY HADES, I did NOT see that one coming. That was just so unexpected. And even though I despised Head Minister Telly for what he did, he didn't deserve what he got in the end; not like that. And Seth's rampage was just crazy. Literally. I thoroughly loved the Underworld scene, and the scene when Alex was staying with Aiden and Deacon. If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about. And Leon being Apollo?? O.O whaaaaaaat? Didn't see that one coming either, although I did find it rather odd that he was provoking Seth into a fight knowing just what Seth could do. I figured there had to be something up with that. And then the ending. OMG THE ENDING. Heart officially broken for Aiden. Gosh, I don't even know what else to say except.... asd;flkejfewha


Favorite quotes:

They brawled like two idiots high on testosterone, and I had the strongest urge to walk up and kick them both in the head.


"Alex." Aiden sat on the edge of the bed. "You should probably stop touching him."
"Whatever." I dropped my hand into my lap. I still wanted to touch him, though, which was really weird. I kind of wanted to rub all over him like a cat or something... and that was more than weird, and a little uncomfortable.


Aiden had slipped under my skin, wrapped himself around my heart and embedded himself into my bones.


The Guards in front of the dais turned and froze. Then they scattered like roaches.
Apollo moved up the aisle. "Yeah, that's what I thought."
"I will find you! We're connected. We are one!" Seth was still screaming. His gaze fell to the god. He sneered. "You want to fight me now, in your true form?"
"I will fight you in any form, you little punk-ass brat."
Seth laughed. "You can't kill me."
"But I can beat the living snot out of you."


"Yeah, I'm great. Nothing like witnessing a death match between gods when I'm trying to get some Cheetos."


A second later, there was a knock on my door and a booming voice. "Alexandria?"
Seth stilled above me, panting. "You have got to be freaking kidding me."
Leon knocked again. "Lucian is requesting your presence immediately." Another gap of silence followed. "He is also requesting to see you, Seth."
Seth frowned as the gleam in his eyes faded. "How in the world does he know I'm in here?"
"Leon...just knows." I pushed at him weakly. "Get off."
"I was trying to."


Comments