Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Movie Adaptation and Teaser from Half-Blood



Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Best

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - This is probably my favorite movie adaptation of the Harry Potter books. It's the one that most closely resembles the book, even though it still lacks in some areas.
Pride and Prejudice - I just adored this whole movie
The Hunger Games - While there were several things about the movie that bothered me, I still think that the movie adaptation was done rather well. It really gave you a sense of being there, comstantly being on alert, your head whipping back and forth, running through the woods. And Jennifer Lawrence is just amazing as Katniss. I couldn't have asked for a better person to play one of my favorite heroines.
The Notebook - Even though the movie is very different from the book, it is still such a wonderful movie. I watched the movie for years before I finally picked up the book and I love them both equally.
Bridge to Terabithia - This book was so sad, and I remember crying while reading it so watching the movie I knew I would end up bawling my eyes out. And I did. Such a wonderful adaption with one of my favorite actors: Josh Hutcherson.

Worst

Something Borrowed - I think I've already mentioned this during my 30 Day Book Challenge, but I'll repeat myself. This book is really amazing. You get so many details about the main characters life and her relationship with her best friend Darcy and you see just how much in Darcy's shadow she's been pretty much her whole life. The characters were changed so drastically in the movie and I absolutely hated that. It didn't even feel like I was watching the movie to this wonderful book. I felt like I was watching a train wreck.
The Twilight Saga - I'm pretty sure I don't need to elaborate on this one. All of the movies to this series were missing so many important parts and it just pissed me off. I won't even go into my thoughts about the acting because that will just be a big long rant and I'm sure you don't want to read all of that.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - This is my favorite book in the entire series. I love the Triwizard Tournament and the Yule Ball, though I hated the ending but that was because of what happens at the end. It's just such an amazing book and there was so much missing from the movie. It was incredibly disappointing to me.
The Lorax - If you've read this book, you know that it's short but it has a really great message. If we don't take care of our natural world, the environment, we won't be able to survive. The movie version of this was filled with musical numbers and a love story and it just took a completely different turn than the book itself and that really bothered me. A lot.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Another Harry Potter book turned movie that I was disappointed in. When things begin to happen within the story with no explanation as to why, it can cause you to be very confused and annoyed and then you can't enjoy said movie. When I first watched this, I hadn't even read the book so I had no idea what was going on or why things were happening the way they were. It wasn't until I read the book that I understood, and then I was just mad that they left all of that out of the movie.





Then he leaned forward and rested his cheek against mine. Hot tingles spread through me as his lips moved against my ear. "You should tell me to stop."
I didn't say a word.










post signature

Comments

  1. Great top ten! Did not like Twilight either, and unfortunately I was disappointed by the Hunger Games too:(

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad somebody agrees with me on this. I absolutely love the book Something Borrowed and thought the film was an absolute travesty. I got about 30 minutes in before turning it off. I love the P&P movie, too. It was very well done. I never read the Notebook, but I do love that movie. Great list!
    I'm a new follower via Bloglovin. I'd love it if you'd follow back. :)
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly