Feature & Follow Friday: September 20, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


This weeks question:
What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid? If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?

The first book I ever remember reading is Goldilocks & the Three Bears. I have searched the entire internet looking for the exact copy that I had as a kid but can't find it ANYWHERE. I can't remember who wrote this particular one or what the exact title was but my mom read it to me so many times that by the time I was 3 I had the exact words memorized as well as when to turn the page. It was just this thin square little book with a light green cover but at that age it was my absolute favorite book. 

As I got older I found a love for Dr. Seuss books. My favorite of all his books was Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! I remember wanting a big balloon swimming pool floating over my house just like Kitty O'Sullivan Krauss, but alas, that did not happen.

Now that I have a child of my own, I'm reading to him all the time. He's just as fond of Dr. Seuss books as I was but he also has another favorite book that he enjoys my reading to him. It's called If I Built A Car. It's all about this little boy who is riding in a car with his dad and dreams up his own car and what he would put in it if he built one himself. And I must say, I wish I had one of them!

Of course those aren't the only books I read to him. He has two shelves full of books that we read together. He also enjoys 5 Minute Marvel Stories and Grandfather Buffalo. He's even fond of books in which he has to find things in the pictures so I bought him some I Spy books through the Scholastic Book Club this year. And several other books as well. I think altogether I bought him 12 books. I believe I may be turning him into a book hoarder..


This weeks features:
Simply Sensational Book Fanatics
Fantasy is More Fun


I prefer:


So now that I've shared my favorites, what are yours??

Happy Friday!

Comments

  1. Nice picks. I like these :)

    Happy Friday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/feature-and-follow-65.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss is classic! But this If I Built a Car is new to me, sounds fun!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Old Follower :-)
    Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard about any of these books. But these look interesting and would certainly attract my younger self. And yeah, I almost forgot about Goldilocks and the Three Bears. When my mom first brought the book into our home, I knew that I want to snuggle with it. :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great choice! And I love that you read so much to your son! Hopefully it will build a love for reading like you have (:

    Old follower - Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Dr. Seuss books as well, but I've never read any of the other books you listed (other than versions of Goldilocks). You have a great blog - I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin'! :)

    -- My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have that quote from Dr. Seuss. One of my favourites. I haven't read the others, but they look awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower.

    Happy Friday!

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog

    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a fan of Dr.Seuss, i'm surprised i never heard of your particular choice!

    New follower via gfc and bloglovin!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ TwinjabookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate not being able to find specific books! I loved Dr. Seuss, too!

    Old follower!
    Katy @ a blighted one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Seuss rocks! ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your favorite & your son's favorite are both so focused on creativity and imagination. Such great principles to foster. :)

    Here's my FF, if you feel like stopping by!:
    http://thepookapicks.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/feature-follow-friday-9/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh... that is one book i haven't heard of before. Thanks for sharing it!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly