This week we're talking about the best and worst endings to series. At first when I saw that this was our topic, I panicked a little. I didn't think I had finished enough series to have a Top Ten but I surprised myself! I'm going to elaborate just a little on each one but I'm going to try not to spoil it for you if you haven't read the series.
Top !@#$ Best/Worst Series Endings
1. Clockwork Princess - BEST. ENDING. TO. A. SERIES. EVER. Enough said.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Even though it was incredibly heartbreaking throughout much of it, all of the loose ends were tied up nice and neat. We learn things about characters that we never knew and everything is explained in perfect detail. It was such an amazing ending to an amazing series and I wish so much that there was more! Maybe not about Harry Potter but more about the Wizarding world in general.
3. Boundless - I was in awe of this one. Really and truly. I could not have asked for a better ending on this one.
4. Last Sacrifice - Even though this was such an amazing ending, I have to say that I wish it would have continued. Although it did continue in a way with Sydney in the Bloodlines series, I still miss being inside of the vampire world. Bloodlines is more about the Alchemists.
5. The Iron Knight - This one is also continued on through the Call of the Forgotten in the mind of Ethan Chase, but Julie Kagawa's ending to The Iron Fey rocked my socks off. Seriously. Ash was just PERFECT. The whole BOOK was perfection. It's still my favorite Iron Fey book.
Shine - This is one of those that wrapped up nicely.
1. Breaking Dawn - There were two things about Breaking Dawn that I did not like. A.) NOT ENOUGH ACTION. B.) SHE ENDED UP WITH THE WRONG GUY. Not to mention some of it was kind of gross and really strange.
2. Mockingjay - Don't get me wrong; I really loved Mockingjay... up until the VERY end that is. The ending felt rushed and unfinished in my opinion. There were sooooo many questions left unanswered and after having read so much epicness throughout the series, the ending really fell short. I hated all of the deaths that occurred, but I hated more how rushed the very end of the book felt.
3. Requiem - This one just didn't do it for me. I was expecting a battle of epic proportions but it just didn't pan out the way I thought it was going to. It was actually rather disappointing.
4. Sever - Two words = PLANE. CRASH. If you've read the book, you know what I'm referring to.
5. Reached - I also expected more out of this one. And the Pilot. Unfortunately both fell short.
1. Bloodrose - I actually really loved this one as a whole but there are certain events that annoyed the crap out of me and really bothered me to the point that I didn't know how to feel about it.
2. The Death Cure - I really loved this series and the whole concept surrounding it, but the ending felt a little anticlimactic to me. However, I did enjoy it.
3. Rapture - Once again this is one that I loved but the ending was completely crazy and I never even saw it coming. It was interesting to say the least.
Okay, I think that's all of the ones that I want to mention but knowing me I've forgotten one!
So tell me, what books do you consider to be the best and/or worst series ending??