Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign


Top Ten Five Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

1. Secrets of the Realm by Bev Stout


Don't let this cover fool you. This book is really good! A girl is blamed for her uncle's murder and in order to save her own life she disguises herself as a boy and becomes a cabin boy aboard the merchant ship the Realm. The author actually told me of how the book cover came to be this one, but I still feel like it needs a new one in order to appeal to more people.

2. The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa


I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this one, but I'm not too thrilled with Keirran for some reason. I loved the cover for The Lost Prince so I guess I thought that maybe we would get more of Keirran instead of half of his face up-close-and-personal. And I guess I thought he would be cuter..

3. Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan


This cover is okay, but I had hoped that they would have stuck with the original vision for the covers of this series. I really loved the original of Glow and I hate that they switched covers mid-series. That's one of my bookish pet peeves: when the book covers in a series don't match on my bookshelf!

4. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead


These could definitely use a revamp. I know they've been redesigned before but I think they could still be better. Actually, I'm liking the movie tie-in version a lot better and that never happens. I'll probably end up buying a copy of it for my shelf. I really hope they will stick to this theme if they get turn the other books into movies. Although the pink on the cover does play toward the female audience more so than male and even with all the romance in VA, I still think a lot of guys would thoroughly enjoy reading this series.

5. Every book cover redesigned for movie tie-in.. especially with the actors displayed all over the cover (except for Vampire Academy because it actually looks really cool and better than the original... see above photo)

Do I really need to give examples? No? Well.. I'll do it anyways.

Why can't they just stick to the original covers??? I mean, some of these don't look too bad but I always try to think of the book and the movie as two separate things even though the movie is based on the book. They are always different from each other in several ways and I don't want to be thinking about the actors while reading the book descriptions of the characters. Most of the time, they don't even look how they're supposed to. Leave these as posters and leave the book covers alone!!


Okay, now that I've ranted about movie tie-ins.. which book covers who you like to redesign??


Comments

  1. Really great list! I disliked the cover for Spark - it didn't seem to match the gorgeous cover for Glow that I have. VA made my list too, those books are awful. I haven't read the books yet all because I've been put off by the covers. Will get the movie tie-in, it's much nicer! My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like movie-tie in covers at all. But I agree about VA! I will definitely be buying that one for my shelf :D Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly