Yep! You read that correctly! A Vampire Academy Read-Along! Why, you ask? Well, for one it's the first book in one of my absolute favorite book series. Another reason is that it has been two years since I read the book and with the movie coming out in theaters on February 14th I really want to refresh my memory of the events that happen and of course all the feels so that I can compare it to the movie.
The Blurb and Movie Trailer-for those of you who haven't read the book:
St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger...
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.
With that being said, I would like to invite you to join me in reading the first book in the series: Vampire Academy. This is the perfect opportunity for those of you who haven't read it to finally pick it up and see what all the fuss is about!
Here are a few things you should know about this read-along:
- I will be summarizing each chapter, so if you haven't read the book (and you don't want to join the read-along) and you don't want to be spoiled then I wouldn't read my summary posts. Unless you're joining in that is! Or you just want to get a general idea without reading the actual book.
- I set the dates so that the summary posts will be up during the week days. So that means that every day Monday through Friday from January 6th through February 10th there will be a new summary post up on the blog.
- I do plan on posting a linky each week so that if you've joined the read-along you can add your own post to the mix. This post can be your thoughts on the chapter, a summary, whatever you like! However, this isn't mandatory.
- If you plan on joining the read-along, please add yourself to the linky below! I would love to have people join me in (re)reading this awesome book and have someone to discuss it with.
- Don't forget to comment on others' read-along posts about your own thoughts on the chapters :)
- Feel free to add the buttons/banners to your sidebar and read-along posts!
If you use the buttons, please link them back to this post so that others can join in as well!