Last year I made a top ten list of only bookish goals. This year I'm narrowing those down to five and adding five non-bookish goals.
- Read a total of 40 books this year, if not more
- See as many book-to-movie adaptations as possible this year (and there's a lot of them!)
- Get a library card
- Read the books I have on my bookshelves and cut down on buying so many before I've read the ones I own
- Keep up with my NetGalley reviews!! (and try not to sign up for so many review only book tours just because I want to read the book!)
- Exercise, exercise, EXERCISE! (I know that this is a typical resolution for the New Year, but this isn't really a New Year resolution. This is more of a life resolution. Since I've had Oliver, I've gained weight and I can't fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes anymore so I'd really like to get back to wearing them and I feel like now that it's been two months since having him, my body is ready to start working toward that.)
- Cut down on my meat intake. I've been slowly cutting down on eating meat since my boyfriend is now a vegan and his food is so delicious I usually end up eating it all the time, but after reading this article about the meat-packing industry (one that almost made me sick just reading about it) I'm not sure I can contribute to that anymore.
- Spend more one-on-one time with my oldest. Ever since Oliver was born, I've had to spend quite a bit of time with him because I breast feed and with him being so young he needs a lot of attention. And he's now a bit on the colicky side so at roughly 3:00 in the evening he starts crying for apparently no reason and doesn't stop for quite some time and I have to hold him for a long period of time. I really want to devote some time for just me and Brayden again so he doesn't feel left out or start to resent me and/or his brother.
- Go back to work and save money for a new car and a place of my own.
- Do something else that I love, other than reading, at least once a week.
I've already started on some of these resolutions, like the cutting down on my meat intake. I don't think I've eaten any red meat yet this year. I have at chicken but that was only twice. I am going to continue to eat fish though. It's healthier for you anyways, plus I just really love fish. I have done a whole lot of exercising. Most of it has been on my Wii Fit, which I don't really consider to be much exercise, but I like down the yoga part. And my 5 year old loves it when I play the soccer balancing game and my Mii gets hit in the head with a shoe. He thinks it's hilarious. I also figure it won't be too difficult to read 40 books this year. It was my goal last year and I read over 50 so I think I'm good there.
So what are your resolutions this year??