hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling -- If I had my way, Fred, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Professor Dumbledore, Dobby, Snape and all of the other amazing 'good' characters would have made it out alive!! Alas, that isn't how the story went, and it also would have been entirely different, but it does depress me that all these amazing people died before the end.
2. Allegiant by Veronica Roth -- If I had my way, TRIS WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!! And her and Tobias would have lived happily ever after.
3. Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer -- If I had my way, BELLA WOULD HAVE CHOSEN JACOB. I mean, really. It was the OBVIOUS CHOICE. And then we wouldn't have had that weird imprinting on Bella's daughter thing going on.
4. Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout -- Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE and adore this series, but... if I had my way, Alex would have ended up with Seth. I mean, Aiden was nice and all but Seth just seemed more like her soulmate to me. And they had such amazing chemistry... *le sigh*
5. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins -- I'm not even going to go over all the little details about this book that bothered me in the ending because TOO MANY THINGS WERE LEFT UNANSWERED but if I had my way, Finnick O'dair and Prim would still be alive and all those loose ends would be tied up neatly. Like in a beautiful package with a pretty little bow. If you want to know some of the questions that were left unanswered, you can find a list of them here. You'll have to skip through all the potty training talk first but it's there. And remember THERE ARE SPOILERS! If you haven't read Mockingjay, DON'T READ THE POST. Please and thank you :)
1. A book set in the Mayan times, but with some kind of supernatural/paranormal twist. You know, kind of like how the historians are always speculating that they had alien help and the reason that they just kind of disappeared off the face of the planet was because the aliens took them? Yeah, something like that. I think it would be really interesting to read a YA story about it.
2. A historical fiction novel set in ancient Egyptian times. I'm a huge fan of ancient Egypt.
3. I'm also a huge fan of books and movies set in space and/or other planets (You know, like Avatar and the Sky Chaser series?) so I would really like to read something set in another world.
4. This one would probably be very difficult to write and be extremely complicated and maybe even confusing, but I've always wanted to read a book that showcases how different choices have different outcomes. Like, if you chose this one thing your life would be COMPLETELY different than it is now. Or if you chose something different than the first two choices it would be this other life that's different than the first two. I'm really not sure how you would go about writing something like that unless you like go the alternate universes route but I think it would be a very interesting read!
5. A normal high school setting!! Don't get me wrong, I love reading all these paranormal/supernatural/fantasy/dystopian books with insanely damaged characters that you normally end up bawling your eyes out why reading, but I really want to read more normal settings. Something similar to Sweet Valley High.
So what is on your reading wishlist??