This topic is super easy for me: INTROVERT. All the way. I feel like people always see introverts the wrong way. I'm a shy person, I like keeping to myself. I don't talk to people usually unless they talk to me and even then it's very little. And if I'm being honest, I usually don't feel like talking to people until they have something interesting to say. I'm not one for small talk. But just because I'm a quiet, shy person doesn't mean I'm insecure or uncomfortable in my skin. I'm usually just uncomfortable talking to people in general.
I get super anxious whenever I'm involved in social situations, no matter what it is. Even if it's with a group of friends, I'm generally nervous about it. I don't talk much at all. People tend to talk over me or about things that I know nothing about or have nothing to say about.
The times I'm an introvert:
- almost any social situation
- big crowds
- group outings
- speaking in front of people
- I have MAJOR stage fright
- If you meet me in person, it may take me a while before I truly open up
- But if you talk to me about something I'm interested in, it's likely I won't shut up
The times I'm an extrovert:
- with my friends
- one-on-one time
- if I'm talking about something I'm really interested in
- if I'm talking about books
- if I've been drinking (I'm usually a happy drunk and then I don't shut up)
I just have such a hard time opening up and talking in groups of people. When I started working two years ago it took me months before I was comfortable talking to my coworkers and the ones that I wasn't around much I still wasn't comfortable talking to them when I left the job. I'm about to go back in March and I know that I'll probably have to start all over again in a way since I haven't been there in so long.
Anyways, if you ever do meet me in person, I hope you don't think I'm uninterested in talking to you. Chances are I'm just incredibly uncomfortable because in a sense I'm talking to a complete stranger and I have trouble doing that lol