Life of a Blogger: Plans for the Future


Well, last year when I found out I was pregnant with my second child it kind of threw me for a loop. At that time I had been planning on going back to work at the place I had been laid off from when the season started back and I was definitely going to buy a new car because my transmission went out and it would cost more to replace it than the car was worth. But being pregnant with Oliver, I couldn't go back to work because it required me to do heavy lifting which you're not supposed to do while pregnant so I had to take some time off from working. But now that I've had my little guy I'm really anxious to get back to my job and have some money so I can finally feel like I'm moving forward again. I honestly didn't realize how much I enjoyed working and earning my income until it was gone.

Career

As of right now, my career plans are to go back to work at my last job when the season begins around late March/early April, which gives me close to 6 months of being home with my little one. I'm really going to miss spending all that time with him but I also really miss working too. The job isn't permanent however, it is temporary but there is a chance it could become a permanent job for me. If that doesn't work out, I have a friend that works for Citi, the credit card company and she really enjoys her job and the benefits they offer and she suggested that I apply there as well, so I'll probably end up doing that if I don't get hired on full time. As far as a career career, I've been trying for nearly 6 years now to decide what I want to do! At one point I wanted a degree in psychology because I really enjoyed studying it when I was still in school but I also really enjoy making graphics for my blog and designing new things. Which you can probably tell because I change it up ALL THE TIME. I'm never truly satisfied with it. I always think of new things to do. haha I also think it would be pretty nice to have a full time job in something to do with books, but I'm really not sure what that would be. I'm a little lost on this one haha.

Housing

Plans for housing right now including moving out of my parents house and into a place with my boyfriend withing the next couple of months. I'm BEYOND excited about it, but also kind of nervous since I've never actually been on my own before. 

Marriage

This is a topic I don't normally discuss with people because out decision to not get married is such a taboo thing, especially where I live, and I always get this response: "What? You're NEVER getting married?" No, I'm not. "Do you not love him?" Yes, I do. "Does he not love you?" Yes, he does. "Are you not committed to each other?" Yes, we are. "Are you monogamous?" Yes. "Does he want to keep his options open? If he really loved you he would want to marry you. Married couple have far more benefits than non-married couples. You'll never be stable or secure. You really shouldn't live together if you're not married. You have two kids together, you need to be married. It's the right thing to do." 


It's our decision and we're happy together. We love each other. That's all anyone really needs to know in my opinion.

Children

Well, I started pretty early with this one seeing as I have two now. I'm not sure if I'll have any more, but there is a part of me that still wants to try for a girl. If I do, I want it to be before I'm 30 years old which would mean I have 5 years left. And I'm not sure I want another one that soon. Who knows what will happen though! I've also been heavily thinking about homeschooling my kids, especially so since my oldest will be in kindergarten next year. If we do homeschool, his dad will be the one to do it. He's much better at that sort of thing than I am. Especially with all the math. I'm HORRIBLE at math. I need a calculator just to add a few numbers together. He can do pretty much anything in his head and it be right. I don't know how he does it.


So those are my close plans for the future. I don't really have any distant plans at the moment because we're not entirely sure where we want to be at later on down the road. We've been thinking of maybe moving out of state but we're not sure which direction to go. And his ultimate career goal is working for a video game company so we would have to be somewhere that had a video game design company and really that could be anywhere, including out of the country. That could be pretty exciting as well!

Now that I've told you my plans for the future, what are yours? I'd love to hear them!

Comments

  1. Well I'm 32 and still don't know what the heck I want to do with my career, so you are far better off than me on that front!! Your blog is cute, I didn't know you did all the designing on it....cool stuff!! I have a son who is 6 and I am just now about to go back to work. I'm a little scared, but kind of excited too. I'm sure in a few months that excitement will wear off and I'll be missing laying around the house like I do now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have the feeling I'll miss it too. Especially when I get inside the building and it's still as cold as it was outside and then during the hotter months it gets so hot inside. I'll definitely be wishing to be in an air-conditioned house with my kids!! haha

      Delete
  2. I hope you never give up on your dreams! It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop. :) I think it's totally fine to not get married. I mean, what difference does it make to have your love on a piece of paper? Thank you for sharing so much! I don't know why but it just makes me feel a lot closer to you in a like not creepy way haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha isn't that the point of this meme?? :D I'm glad I get to share about my life and get to know other bloggers in the process as well! It makes me feel closer to this community. Instead of just learning about books all the time, we get to learn about each other as well and I think that's really nice.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you, Kelly, one does not necessarily have to be married to prove they love each other. And I'm one who sees marriage in her future. With a couple of kids, hopefully. I don't have any plans to move to somewhere else in the near future, though. I moved to UK in 2008, and I moved houses almost once a year. I finally found a place I love and my next move will happen when I buy a house... so we're talking about several years from now!!

    Franny @ Mind Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marriage and children are very far off in my future. I don't plan to get into those two until I'm already stable on my own. And I'd definitely want to move out of my parents' house too but seeing as all my siblings are married and are still living in our compound (my dad really doesn't want any of us to move out lol), I don't think that's gonna happen until I'm married XD

    Anyway, good luck with your plans! If you want to do something book-related, maybe try a job in book publicity? I often see job listings for those in publishers' websites ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got married last year, and I would marry him again, every day if I could!; I don't regret it for a second. But we didn't need to get married to prove our love (or anything like that). It's a personal decision, so kudos to you (and your man) for standing your ground!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I also really enjoy making graphics for my blog and designing new things. Which you can probably tell because I change it up ALL THE TIME. I'm never truly satisfied with it."
    *nods* Me too!! Which is why I want to pursue a career in graphic design. It would be more like play than a job!
    I'm super nervous about being on my own, too. I've lived with my parents my whole life, so it's all I know. It's definitely a scary concept!
    As for the no-marriage thing, do I agree with it? Not particularly, but I just have different beliefs. That doesn't make either of us wrong! It's YOUR life, and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. I can't even imagine how annoying that would be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly