Review: Mine to Tarnish by Janeal Falor


Mine to Tarnish

Author: Janeal Falor
Series: Mine to Tarnish, #0.5
Katherine’s place is the same as any woman’s—on the shelf next to the dresses and bolts of cloth. When she’s sold to a warlock, life grows even bleaker. Her new owner is as old and rancid as he is cruel, driving her to do the unthinkable: run.

Nothing prepared her for being on her own. And she’s definitely unprepared for the warlocks hunting her down. But she must stay one step ahead because if caught, the best she can hope for is death.
*a review copy was provided by Patchwork Press for an honest review*


After everything I've been taught, I never thought I would consider this. To willingly make myself less than a person. Less than a person's shadow. But here I am. I look in the mirror, follow the curves of my face, the line of my nose, the curl of my locks, see what I have. All that I am. It's all mine. Mine to tarnish. --quoted from the Advanced Readers Copy. It may or may not appear in the final copy
Can there be more??? Seriously I would so read more about Katherine's life as a Tarnished. She was such an amazing secondary character in You Are Mine and I really wanted to know her back story. How she came to be where she is and why she is the person she is. It was truly wonderful reading about the life she had before becoming Tarnished, the relationship she had with her mother and father, the man she was sold to, how she escaped, and everything she went through to get where she is, both the good and the bad. I especially enjoyed reading about the beginnings of her relationship with Charles. I could definitely read more of that ;)

If you enjoyed Janeal Falor's You Are Mine and the world she's created, you really need to read this novella about Katherine. It really helps you understand why she and Serena got along so well and easily struck up a friendship. They are so very similar. Such a wonderful quick read about a lovely character.

I rate this book:

The Mine Series

My review of You Are Mine

Author

About Janeal Falor

Janeal Falor lives in Utah where she’s finally managed to live in the same house for more than five years without moving. In her spare time she reads books like they’re nuts covered in caramel and chocolate, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and enjoys the outdoors. Her husband and three children try to keep up with her overactive imagination. Usually they settle for having dinner on the table, even if she’s still going on about the voices in her head.
Author Links: Website | Twitter | Goodreads


Comments

  1. This sounds like an interesting series, though it's new to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly