Update on Dandelion Dreams!

Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. Life has been insanely busy for me lately. I haven't finished a single book since my last review post *sobs*


Update on reading and reviews

I'm currently in the middle of reading Paper Towns by John Green. I'm on page 71 of 305 so I think I'm doing fairly well. I think my biggest problem for not reading anything isn't necessarily that I don't have the time--because I always have at least a few minutes to spare each day for a little reading--but I've kind of been in a reading slump. I was reading Blood Crown by Ali Cross, which I was enjoying but because it's dystopia, I just couldn't get into it like I wanted. My mind kept wandering and I just wanted to pick up something else. I thought that maybe if I could pick a book to read strictly for myself and on my own terms that it would help me to get out of the slump and so far it's working! Obviously, I still need to read Blood Crown and another book that I promised to review. I just needed a little break from the must-reads and read something that I want to read.

After I get Paper Towns and my review books out of the way (and yes, I WILL still continue to review my want-to-read books), I'll probably just go through my Kindle and read the books in alphabetical order because I'm so overwhelmed when I try to figure out what to read! And if I'm not into the book, I'll just skip over it to come back to later or just simply DNF it and be finished with it.

I'm hoping to get back into blogging and posting at least one post a week but I'm not sure when that will begin. SOON I hope!


Update on life

Work is going well. I'm so glad that I'm making money again! It's nice to be able to look at a shirt and say "hey, that's really cute! I think I'll buy that!" and actually have the money to buy it. Of course, there are bills to pay as well and it's nice to have money again to be able to pay them. I no longer feel stuck. I'm currently looking for a new place. Preferably a house to rent but they all seem to be out of my budget right now. And I'm about to sign my oldest up for Kindergarten! HOLY CRAP TIME FLIES BY! He graduates in May from preschool and I just simply cannot believe it. I look at the picture he took at the beginning of the year for the yearbook and then I look at him now and he just looks SOOOO BIIIIIIIG now.

My littlest is growing like a weed too. He can almost sit on his own and he's started his babbling. He talks all the time and whenever we give him a little stuffed animal he talks away to it. And grins and hugs them. It's just the cutest thing!

So that's all that's going on in my life right now. Mainly working, looking for a place and taking care of my little ones. I'll soon  be working even longer hours since the busy season is starting to pick up. Probably 10 hour days. Luckily we get paid extra for overtime which means I'll have even more money to put towards getting a new place! I do miss being home with my babies though. That's been the hardest part about working. I just miss them so dang much!!



And now because we've been having such amazing weather here this weekend, I leave you with a lovely picture of some flowers from my yard. Enjoy! :)


Comments