Review: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


The 5th Wave

Author: Rick Yancey
Series: The 5th Wave, #1
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother-or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.

I feel like it took me ages to read this, but I absolutely loved it! I've seen The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey all over my social media feeds for quite a while now and when the movie came out it made me want to read it even more (though I still haven't watched it). I'm not a fan of watching movies before reading the book so I made sure to pick up a copy of the book.

I was pulled in from the very first page, as Cassie's voice was easy to read and I felt an instant connection to her. The story transitions back and forth from the present to the past as Cassie struggles to survive in the new world alone and recounts the moments from the arrival to present day. Mixed in with Cassie's account of the Arrival are the points of view of other main characters as well, and as the story progresses, we learn how others have survived, how their lives intertwine, and it isn't pretty.

The world that Rick Yancey created in The 5th Wave was so real to me that I actually dreamed about it while reading this book. And if you've read other reviews of mine, you know I love that. If you can make it that real for me, you automatically get bonus points.

I can't wait to read The Infinite Sea and continue on with this amazing story! And I definitely need to know what happened after that ending.


I rate this book:

The 5th Wave Series






Comments

  1. I'm so on the fence about this one, but seeing good reviews like this one helps!! I guess I'm just scared because-- Aliens. That's usually a deal breaker for me. But there's always exceptions... and I like end of the world disaster stuff. I hope you like the movie as much as the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge alien person either, but I really enjoyed reading this one. It was pretty believable. Hopefully, I'll get to watch the movie soon :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly