Oak & MistletoeJ.Z.N. McCauley
Publication date: October 11th 2016
Genres: Fantasy, New Adult
A Druid Curse, A Prophesied Love, A Consuming Vengeance…
Catherine Green, along with her twin sister and older brother, travels to Ireland on a college graduation trip. Her vacation takes a permanent turn when she lands her dream job at an art and history museum on her beloved Emerald Isle. She meets a handsome stranger named Bowen, an expert of sorts on local ancient studies. Though their first meetings are turbulent at best, Catherine finds herself drawn to him.
Unaware that she is the key to breaking a hidden curse, Catherine unleashes the evil madman Conall and his druid followers, imprisoned since ancient times. Tragedy and loss ensue, sprouting within Catherine the deep seeds of rage that thrust her onto the damaging path of vengeance. Confused by the enigma that is Bowen, his mixed signals, and her own feelings, she is swept away with him on an unexpected journey surrounded by myth and long-forgotten knowledge. In order to stop the evil plans of Conall and his reunified army, Catherine must entwine her fate with peril. Her survival is trivial to her as long as Conall dies. She’ll do whatever it takes.
Are you a reviewer?
You can request a review copy here!
Q&A with J.Z.N. McCauley!
· What was your inspiration for Oak & Mistletoe?One day, I was studying ancient Roman history, and somehow I was led to articles regarding Pliny the Elder, and Julius Caesar’s account of the ancient druids. It was fascinating. Reading the only ritual known from them, the ritual of oak and mistletoe, I suddenly imagined the basic plot of my book.
· Which character in Oak & Mistletoe do you identify with most, and why?I suppose that would be Catherine, my main character. For many reasons, but we both love Ireland and strawberry ice cream.
· What was your favorite part about writing Oak & Mistletoe?I loved it all, but I will say it was especially fun writing the villain scenes.
· What was the hardest part about writing Oak & Mistletoe?Writing Conall’s character was a struggle because it was easy to make his special level of crazy go too far. Luckily my editor helped me bring it back a bit and smooth it out.
· What’s one thing you want readers to know about Oak & Mistletoe?This is a book about many things. Different sides and levels of evil, suffering, loss. But ultimately it’s about good vs evil, love and having the courage to keep going.
· Who is your favorite rogue character from a book, TV show, or movie?So many, but I’d have to say Killian (aka Captain Hook) from ABC’s TV show Once Upon a Time.
About J.Z.N. McCauley
J.Z.N. McCauley resides in lovely New England, where she loves wearing jackets and boots in the unpredictable weather there. She is a wife and mother who enjoys life to the fullest. Also, being a nerd across many genres is something she expresses openly.
McCauley spends most of her spare time writing, drawing, or reading. She loves archeology, mythology, history, music and many other forms of art as well. Always having a variety of interests and talents, she could never pick just one. When the chance pops up to travel to any of her favorite places, she takes way too many pictures. Otherwise she is exploring a mystical land in a daydream. Which all provides fuel to her immense joy of writing.
GIVEAWAY!a Rafflecopter giveaway