Happy New Year! Bookish Goals in January 2017




Happy New Year, my bookish friends!! I'm so excited for this upcoming year. 2016 has been a rough year, I think for all of us. I was in a huge reading rut. I didn't feel like reading much at all. I could never get the motivation for it, or much of anything. I've gotten a head start over my Christmas break from work. I've read a few books and already have the reviews written and scheduled. I have my January reads already mapped out so I know what I'm going to be reading. I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you!




I've had a difficult time trying to decide which books I should start off with in the new year. I have such a huge TBR list, that I had no idea where to start so I mainly just added a couple that I've been desperate to read and then added a few that I've put off for WAY too long (sorry, authors!) And this is what I've come up with:

I'm already halfway through Hothouse Flower and let me just say... OH MY GOD. I'm so in love with Daisy and Ryke together *swoon*. I've had my eyes set on My Lady Jane since it first came out and then I saw it ON SALE (WHAT?!) so I snatched it up. Can't wait to start reading it! Then I figured I would continue on with the Lunar Chronicles because lets face it, that series is just too amazing not to finish. After that I thought I should probably add a couple of the review books that I agreed to reading and never got around to, and then it hit me, I still haven't finished the Legend series but I have Champion?? What is wrong with me?? so I added that to my list as well. I'm strongly hoping to finish this list before the end of January, however, I'm unsure if I'll actually be able to. Depends on how things go at work and how exhausted I am after my work days. Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on a book after a difficult work day.

Next month, I plan on reading all the romance stuff. So if you have any suggestions, put them in the comments!! I may even do a poll later on this month to see which books on my TBR list you think I should read.

Until next time, hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and hears to a fantastic 2017!



Comments