I Ship It!

Hey guys! I haven't written a post in quite some time! I've been thoroughly enjoying my time at home with my kiddos and I've neglected the blogosphere a bit, but I came across an Instagram post from one of the people I follow and it got me thinking about all those couples from television and books that I ship, or rather, those oddball ships. The people that I wanted to end up together, but didn't. Or those people that would never in a million years end up together, but I ship them anyways. And I decided to compile a list.

Oh, and if you haven't read and/or watched any of these series, I suggest skip on reading the captions underneath each photo that explains my reasoning as there could definitely be spoilers!


1. Rory Gilmore & Tristan Dugray

Yes, I know what you're all thinking, "Kelly! You're crazy! Rory and Tristan??" Yes. Rory and Tristan. Because while my number one will always be Rory and Jess, at this point I feel like it would be rather odd for the two of them to end up together because they're practically family. I will always ship them, but back when I was first watching the show, I shipped Rory and Tristan. Yes, he was a bit of a bully, but he had some issues. Lots of them. And I think that had he not been shipped off to military school, something would have happened between the two of them, and he would've ended up pulling a Logan, changing for the better because of Rory, and Rory would have realized sooner that Dean wasn't necessarily right for her because she did have feelings for Tristan, though she didn't want to admit it at first. Rory and Tristan did have some great chemistry and I would've liked to have seen that explored more in the series, but alas, Rory goes back to Dean, Tristan is shipped off to military school and we will never know what would have happened between them.



2. Clary Fray and Simon Lewis

While I fully ship Clary and Jace in the book series, because I mean, come on, it's Clary and Jace, while watching the Shadowhunters tv series on Freeform, I'm loving Clary and Simon. I still haven't finished all the episodes, I'm a few behind, and I know that at this point they're through, but I still ship it. They're lovely together on the show.


3. Emma Carstairs and Mark Blackthorne

Okay, don't throw anything at me! Seriously though, I know that Emma and Julian are going to be endgame in The Dark Artifices. It's kind of a given at this point, but from the moment Mark comes back and these two start talking, I started to ship it. They are similar in so many ways and I think they would be a great pairing and I was kind of hoping for some actual romance to happen here.



4. Mark Blackthorne, Kieran Hunter, Cristina Rosales?

Yes, I know, this is an odd one. But I love the relationship dynamics here. I honestly don't know which of these pairings to root for at this point so I kind of just ship them all? Cristina and Mark, Cristina and Kieran, Mark and Kieran.. I ship all three. And here I thought Cassandra Clare couldn't top the Will/Tessa/Jem triangle. Ha! I was so naive!


5. Barney Stinson and Robin Scherbatsky

Now, I know this isn't too much of an oddball, but aren't we kind of supposed to be rooting for Ted and Robin? I admit that I did for a while, because I mean, the man pined for her from YEARS, but I ultimately believe these two belonged together. And I hate that the series ruined them at the very end. Shame on you HIMYM! Shame. On. You.

Okay, so I think I'm going to stop here at number 5, and yes I did notice that 3 out of the 5 were Cassandra Clare characters bahaha, oh well. 

Do you have any oddball couples that you ship? I want to hear about them!

Sound off in the comments <3


Comments

  1. Awesome post!! This is such a fun idea :) I DEFINITELY shipped Rory and Tristan when I first watched the show. I think something would have happened had the actor for Tristan not gotten a part on another show. But, had Tristan stayed on the show, I don't think we would have gotten Jess!

    Great post, Kelly! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read somewhere that had the actor who played Tristan not left, we wouldn't have gotten Logan because he was supposed to be Rory's Christopher instead, but that Jess was supposed to be endgame for Rory, as in Rory's Luke (which I LOVE), but I really did want something to happen with Rory and Tristan in the beginning. I'm still hoping for more episodes so Rory gets her happy ending *fingers crossed*

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly