Literati Challenge - Day five

Literati Challenge | Day 5 - Favorite scene overall
(image source: youblowhard.tumblr.com)
Season 2: “The Bracebridge Dinner”
RORY: What are you doing?
JESS: Well, I heard it was two to a sleigh - no more, no less. You were breaking the rules.
RORY: You could’ve hurt yourself.
JESS: I live on the edge. I can jump out if you want.
RORY: Doesn’t matter to me.
JESS: Are you mad at me or something?
RORY: What do you think?
JESS: I can’t read your mind.
RORY: You got into a fight with Dean.
JESS: Dean?
RORY: My boyfriend.
JESS: Ah. He’s still your boyfriend?
RORY: Okay, you can jump out now.
JESS: I wasn’t fighting him. I was fighting someone else. He jumped in on his own.
RORY: He was trying to help you.
JESS: Oh, he should go into government service if he’s so interested in helping people. But me, he can stop worrying about.
RORY: Why were you fighting in the first place?
JESS: ‘Cause Chuck Presby’s a jerk.
RORY: You were fighting Chuck Presby?
JESS: Yeah.
RORY: Oh, he is a jerk.
JESS: This whole town is weird and full of jerks.
RORY: Then why are you still here?
JESS: What do you mean?
RORY: I mean, school’s out and you don’t like it here, so why don’t you just go home?
JESS: My mom didn’t want me to.
RORY: I don’t believe that.
JESS: That’s your right, I guess.
RORY: Did Luke say she didn’t want you to?
JESS: Luke told me it was his idea that I should stay. It wasn’t his idea. That’s good.
RORY: What?
JESS: Your snowman. Snowwoman, actually.
RORY: You know which one is ours?
JESS: It definitely has the most personality. Kind of looks like Bjork.
RORY: That’s what we were going for.
JESS: Yeah?
RORY: But everyone thinks the one on the end is gonna be the winner.
JESS: Really? It’s so overdone.
RORY: I agree.
JESS: You should win.
RORY: No argument.
JESS: Hey, what do you and Dean talk about?
RORY: What?
JESS: I mean, does he know Bjork?
RORY: I’ve played him some stuff.
JESS: Hm. So you got a teacher-student thing going?
RORY: Stop.
JESS: No, really, I’m curious. What do you guys talk about?
RORY: Everything.
JESS: Like?
RORY: Just everything, tons of stuff, whatever.
JESS: It’s just in the brief non-pugilistic time I’ve spent with him in class, he just doesn’t seem like your kind of guy.
RORY: Well, he is my kind of guy. He’s exactly my kind of guy.
JESS: Okay. I guess I don’t know him that well.
RORY: You don’t. You don’t.

Comments