Review: Passion by Lauren Kate

Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen, #3
Synopsis (goodreads): Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.

Review

There is only one word for this book: EPIC. As soon as you open this book to read it, you're swept into a frenzy. It's incredibly fast paced in every aspect. The entire time I was reading this book my heart was racing. I wanted to jump right into the book and follow Luce on her journey through the ages. I read several chapters of this book before I went to sleep last night and in my dreams, I had became Luce falling in love with Daniel. You know it's an amazing book when you fall asleep and dream about it. I had to return the book to it's owner earlier today as well, and felt as though I had lost a dear friend. It was that good. I just wanted to hold on to it for a while longer and carry it around with me.

I loved every part of this book. It was exhilarating. Every moment that passed within this book, you never knew what was going to happen, or if she was going to be caught, or worse, die. The only part about this book that I did not like was the introduction of one new character that she seemed to have no idea who it was. I figured it out as soon as he appeared, and she just went along with him and did whatever he said to do. She was too naive for having been through all of the things she'd been through recently. With so many people after her, wanting her, trying to kill her, she was just far too trusting of someone she just met, and it definitely came back to bite her in the (excuse my language) ass. Not to mention it put so many other people in danger as well. That was my only complaint for the whole entire book, that she was too naive to trust someone she'd just met, and didn't figure out who they were sooner than the end of the book. And I think that's saying something. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone with a love for YA paranormal romance books.

In my review for Torment, I mentioned that I was favoring a certain character over another. That has definitely changed over the course of Passion. Absolutely, 100%. Complete turn around. As Luce discovered why her love for Daniel was so strong and real, I too fell in love with his character along with her. It was simply amazing. I cannot wait for Rapture to come out in the Spring of 2012. It's definitely one of my most anticipated books now.



I rate this book:


Comments