Review: Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Boundless
Author: Cynthia Hand
Series: Unearthly, #3
Blurb: The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.

Review
So many emotions over this book right now. I loved everything about it. Soooo good.

Short summary:

Clara Gardner is finally on her way to Stanford University, along with her best friends Angela Zerbino and Christian Prescott. For the past few months she's felt nothing but her mother's death, her break up with  Tucker Avery, and the loss of her brother Jeffrey who ran away. Trying to move on, she spends her days training with Christian and trying to figure out her feelings for him. The only problem? She can't get Tucker out of her mind. And she can't stop accidentally popping up in Tucker's barn. She finally realizes what her true purpose is when she and her friends are attacked, leaving her completely heartbroken, lost and on the run. Feeling weaker than she's ever felt before, she turns to someone she never expected, putting her fears aside in order to fulfill her destiny.

What I liked:

Um.... EVERYTHING. Every word in Boundless flowed so eloquently. I was thrilled reading about Clara and her life as an angel-blood again. At times I was even rooting just a little bit for Christian. It's very clear that he's madly in love with her, even though she's still hung up on Tucker. Christian is patient and kind and always there to protect her when she needs it. He's her safe haven now that her mom is gone. But she's still madly in love with Tucker. Which is probably why every time she transported herself back to Wyoming she ended up in Tucker's barn. I thoroughly enjoyed how Clara's visions turned out, when we finally realize what her purpose was really about. I was incredibly surprised by it actually. And I definitely have to comment on the ending. I LOVED IT. I was really worried and heartbroken for a while, but everything turned out better than I expected. It really keeps you guessing throughout the whole story: what are these visions about? What exactly is going through Angela's head? And just who will Clara end up with? She really could have gone either way. Both Christian and Tucker were very much worthy of her love in my opinion, and you don't find out who she ends up with until the last few pages. At times you think she'll end up with Christian then you think she's going to be with Tucker. It definitely had me on edge and kept me turning pages just to find out who gets her heart in the end.

What I didn't like:

 NOT. ENOUGH. TUCKER. That's really my only complaint. I wish I could've read more about him, but I guess that would've been difficult to do with him still in Wyoming and Clara in California. I really missed their relationship.

Conclusion:

Boundless was the perfect ending to such an amazing story that I've loved from the very beginning. Each of these characters have left an impression on my heart and made me fall in love with them. Especially Tucker!!! This book was so good that any review I write would never do it justice. While I am very sad to see this series end, I can't wait to read more from Cynthia Hand.


I rate this book:


Favorite Quote:

Spoiler!!! 
“How did you do that?” 
I shrug. “I click my heels three times and say, ‘There’s no place like home.’” 
“Uh-huh. So … you think this is your home? My barn?  His tone is playful, but the look he’s giving me is dead serious. A question. 
“Haven’t you guessed by now?” I say, my heart hammering. “My home is you.” 





The Unearthly Series


My review of Unearthly
My review of Hallowed
My review of Radiant

Comments