Review: Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Elixir

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Covenant, #3.5
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods.







I don't usually read novellas, but as I opened the pages of Apollyon I saw that the events that happened in this one came directly before what happens in the next installment. I was curious to know exactly what transpired between Deity and Apollyon so I downloaded it to my Kindle.

It really isn't a surprise to me that I absolutely adored reading in Aiden's point of view. I've always wanted to get in his head and know what he's thinking and feeling and finally I got that chance. I love how at every moment Aiden's love for Alex just radiates through the pages. He is always trying to do what's right for her and what she would want if she were herself and not connected to Seth. The Alex in Elixir is entirely different than the one we've grown to know and love in the first three installments of this series. She's linked to Seth entirely--his every want is her want. Her need for him through the connection is stronger at the moment than her love for Aiden, yet he still tries to help her in any way he can and that includes shutting Seth out. Even doing something he never thought he would do.

This is the first novella I've read of Jennifer's and it's equally as enticing as her full-length novels. It actually makes me want to read the other novella for this series. Everything about these books draws you in and you're hooked. Just like that. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here, and to be back in Alex's head just to see how she's thinking now compared to the real Alex. I also can't wait to see Aiden go all bad-ass on Seth and take on all the gods who oppose him in his fight to save Alex. Let the battle begin!


I rate this book:


The Covenant Series


Novellas


Spoiler Time

Quotes:

Marcus moved back, setting the glass aside. He wiped his hands along his pants as if he could somehow wipe away what he'd just done to his niece, but it has left a mark on my soul.
I'd never be able to wipe it away, no matter how hard I tried.


Comments

  1. I just finished reading Elixir and I loved it. Finally being able to understand what Aiden was thinking and feeling definitely upped my love for him. Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always kind of been on the fence with Aiden and Seth, though I do really love Seth alot, but this definitely made me love Aiden more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated. I read and love every single one! Also, this is an Award-Free Zone! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! :)
....

NOTE: Because of all the spam I've been getting lately, I've had to change some settings on my comments. Anonymous Users can no longer post comments. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Reading

-Kelly